Manufacturer’s swatch: 22sts x 28 rows on 4mm/US needles
My Swatch – in stocking stitch, a 10cm x 10cm square needs:
- 4mm/US 6 needles, stocking stitch:
- unblocked: 25.5 sts x 32 rows
- blocked: 24 sts x 33 rows
- 4.5mm/US 7 needles, stocking stitch:
- unblocked: 24 sts x 29 rows
- blocked: 22 sts x 31 rows
Manufacturer’s notes: 225 metres in each 100g ball. Machine washable at 30 degrees.
My notes: This 70% Falkland wool/30% British Alpaca DK weight yarn feels very bouncy and “full”. It knits up really well, and it is soft while maintaining structure.
It consists of 4 single plies twisted together. It knits up with nice, regular “v”s.
My swatches are in colourways Garnet and Oatmeal. The full range also includes undyed colourways. A collection of swatches (actually they are granny squares, but double well as swatches!) is in the Hyacinth Cottage Knit-along page